What to Expect at your Appointment:At Mahaffey our commitment to the patient does not end when we deliver a brace or artificial leg. Nor does it begin with the first patient visit. We are dedicated to facilitating every aspect of the patient encounter, from the first telephone call to the completion of the treatment program.
Before the Visit:You must have a prescription from your doctor before scheduling an appointment with us. When talking with your doctor, it is also helpful to ask them not only for the prescription, but for Clinical Records justifying medical necessity to accompany the prescription; this with help with documentation for insurance purposes. Please call Mahaffey as soon as possible after receiving your prescription to schedule your appointment.
Our Experienced Schedulers Will Help You To:
• Determine the care you require and assign you a practitioner most suited to your needs.
• Schedule an appointment at a time that is convenient for you.
• Take some information over the phone to help us expedite the check-in process on the day of your appointment. Information you may be asked to provide includes your referring doctor’s name, your address, phone numbers, date of birth and insurance information.
Mahaffey will do our best to verify your insurance benefits and coverage prior to your appointment. This allows us to notify you if there are any problems in advance, so that we can work with you to resolve them and get the treatment you need.
Before your first appointment we recommend that you download, print, and complete the new patient documents and bring it with you to the appointment. If you are unable to download or print new patient forms, please arrive 20-30 minutes early for you appointment to complete new patient forms.
Your First Appointment:In order to ensure prompt treatment, please remember to bring the following information and documents with you at the time of your visit.
• Your physician prescription and clinical records
• Your insurance identification card
• Photo ID (can be parent's ID if minor child)
• Wear or bring shorts or loose clothing if being cast
• A family member or friend. Bringing another person can be helpful to you. They can help you remember instructions and may ask questions that you did not think to ask.
• In the case of a minor needing our services, both the minor and their guardian should come to the appointment.
Payment and Insurance:Mahaffey is a provider of services for most insurance carriers, including Medicare, Medicaid and TRICARE. Please contact us if you are in doubt about whether we accept your insurance.
Insurance Provider List:Mahaffey is a provider of services for most insurance carriers, including Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE and Blue Cross Blue Shield. Please contact us if you are in doubt about whether we accept your insurance.
A consult or an evaluation will be needed to determine your needs. After our professionals assess you, your insurance company will be contacted to determine your level of coverage.